Most Frequently Asked Questions
During the weekend of December 4, Executive National Bank systems and accounts will be converted to City National Bank Of Florida. During this time, there will be some system limitations, and some systems may be offline. ATM and debit card transaction limits may be lowered to a $200 daily limit and account information may not be updated until December 7. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Friday, December 4, all Executive National Bank locations will close at 2 pm.
Executive National Bank’s Online Banking (eBanking) will be available until 5 pm on December 3.
Executive National Bank’s Business eBanking (Business Online Banking) will be available until 4 pm on December 3.
New debit cards were mailed on November 16.
Your final statement from Executive National Bank will include transactions through December 4. Transactions after that date will appear on your new CNB statement. Your new CNB statement cycle will be mailed at the end of the month.
Account Numbers and Checks
Your deposit account number(s) will not change unless notified directly. You can use your Executive National Bank checks. When reordering, please reorder directly through a CNB banking center or online at citynational.com. All loan account numbers will be modified to follow the same sequence at City National Bank – no hyphen. These changes will not impact clients.
Mobile Banking and Mobile Deposits
The Executive National Bank mobile app will no longer be available after December 3. Download our free City National Bank of Florida mobile app for iPhone or Android devices from the appropriate app store after December 7. For Business eBanking users: Download our free CNB ePartner Mobile app for iPhone or Android devices from the appropriate app store after December 7.
Consumer Online Banking
Your Online Banking profile with Executive National Bank will transfer to CNB during the conversion weekend and will be available to you on December 7.
City National Bank of Florida Online Banking will be down from Saturday, December 5 through Sunday, December 6 to assist with the transition of ENB accounts to City National Bank Of Florida's systems.
Passwords will not convert to City National Bank Of Florida's Online Banking. ENB Online Banking users have been assigned a new temporary password available in the secure mail. When you log into the portal for the first time on Monday, December 7 you will need to use your new temporary password. This new password will be available starting November 7. Please check for the message available within Consumer eBanking for the new temporary password.
Executive National Bank’s Bill Pay service will transfer to CNB. You will not need to re-enter payee or recurring payment information.
PeoplePay, the external transfer service, will be turned off as of November 23.
Any recurring internal transfers will not transfer and should be added back to the portal on December 7.
NRA Clients: Online Banking & Debit Card Identification Number has been assigned to NRA clients to be able to sign up for Online Banking or activate their debit card. Please contact their bankers for the SSN field.
Upon receipt of your new card(s), you will need to activate your new card and select a PIN by calling the toll-free number included with your card(s), which were mailed to you on November 16.
You may immediately activate your card upon receipt. You can start using the card starting December 7.
International clients will need their Online Banking and Debit Card Identification code to activate their card.
ATM and debit cards will continue to function but your maximum daily limit will be lowered during the maintenance window during conversion weekend.
Clients will also get the additional benefit to deposit their check through the ATM at the East Kendall Banking Center (previously ENB Kendall) starting December 7.
New Cut Off Times
- Wires: 2 pm for FX and Consumer International Wires (DODD-FRANK), 4 pm in person, and 5:30 pm on ePartner
- ACH: 6 pm
- Positive Pay Exception Decision: 2 pm
- Pos Pay Upload Issued Items: 11 pm
- Internal Transfers: 8 pm
- Office Deposit: 6 pm
- Lockbox Exception decision: 11 am
Currently the first $225 of your day’s total check deposits are available immediately. After the conversion, you will have $225 available from your day’s total check deposits on the first business day after your deposit. The remaining funds will be available on the second business day after your deposit.
- City National Bank Of Florida has finalized the acquisition of South Florida-based Executive National Bank. We are committed to delivering an exceptional client experience based on building personal relationships, and local decision-making Together with Executive National Bank, City National Bank Of Florida will be able to better deliver on its value proposition: We are large enough to give you what you want and small enough to provide it the way you want it.
- The acquisition will allow us to provide you with a larger footprint throughout Florida and access to enhanced products. Our banking institution is the 3rd largest bank based in Florida.
- Together, our banks have combined assets of about $18 billion
About City National Bank:
- City National Bank was founded in 1946, nearly 75 years ago. Together with Executive National Bank, City National Bank Of Florida has more than $18 billion in assets.
- City National Bank Of Florida has been rated a 5-Star “Superior” by BauerFinancial and has maintained that rating since June 2012. City National Bank Of Florida is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chile-based Bci, one of the strongest banks in Latin America. The bank has locations from Miami-Dade County to Central Florida (Orlando and Tampa). City National Bank Of Florida was voted Best Community Bank, Best Business Bank, Best Private Bank, Best Bank for Commercial Real Estate Lending, Best Foreign National Mortgage Lender by the readers of the Daily Business Review for seven consecutive years. The bank has a culture where high performance and teamwork are highly valued and recognized.
- City National Bank Of Florida's business units include:
- Business and Personal Banking (BPB)
- Commercial Banking
- City National Private (PCG)
- Commercial Real Estate Banking
- Corporate Banking
- Wealth Management
- International Personal Banking (IPB)
- The bank also operates a leasing subsidiary – BciCapital Management.
Q. Will your President/CEO and current management team remain the same?
Vice Chairman and CEO Jorge Gonzalez will continue to oversee City National Bank Of Florida.
Q. Where can I get information to learn more about City National Bank Of Florida?
You can visit City National Bank Of Florida's website at www.citynationalcm.com
- Bci is headquartered in Santiago, Chile.
- Bci has a more than 80-year history of stable ownership and conservative business practices.
- Bci is the third-largest bank in Chile.
- Bci is a family controlled, publicly traded company.
- Bci and CNB have similar cultures, values and vision, with a commitment to clients, people and the community.
- By the end of the second quarter of 2020, Bci had 14.5% market share in the Chilean market with more than $74 billion in assets, $47 billion in loans and $193 million of net income.
- Bci has a strong consolidated equity and financial position backed by a AAA risk grade by Feller Rate and Fitch Ratings, A1 by Moody’s and A by Standard & Poors.
- Bci has experienced sustained profitable organic growth.
- Bci has operated in Miami for more than 20 years through their Bci Miami branch.
- Bci is recognized because of its high corporate governance standards, transparency and financial strength.
- Bci has been recognized by World Finance Banking as the “Best Banking Corporation” and “Best Private Bank”.
- Bci has also been recognized in the top fifty Fortune Change the World List, 1st “Best Place to Work” in Chile in 2019 by Great Place to Work, among other recognitions related to corporate governance, corporate social responsibility, and financial inclusion
Q. Where can I get information to learn more about Bci?
You can visit Bci's website at https://www.bci.cl/investor-relations
General questions about the Integration
Q. Do I need to do anything now?
As of December 7th, your accounts will be part of the City National Bank network. Please review all the documents sent to you to ensure a smooth transition. You may also find these materials on the City National Bank Of Florida and Executive National Bank websites.
You will receive new debit cards in the mail. If you have already received your card, please activate as soon as possible to ensure you have access to your funds on December 7th.
Q. Will the name of the bank change?
Both banks will operate under the City National Bank brand.
Q. Would my banker remain at this location? With the company?
City National Bank understands how important people are to its success. We also know you bank with our people, whether they are here or promoted to another location, we want you to continue to have access to the individual with whom you feel most comfortable.
Q. Will you offer new products?
You will have access to a larger suite of products and solutions. In addition, for business clients, City National Bank Of Florida is one of the few local institutions that offers a solution for your company’s leasing needs through BciCapital. Please reach out to your bankers to learn more about the products and services City National Bank Of Florida. Every banker will be partnered with a dedicated TM Sales team member to assist with uncovering TM opportunities.
Q. May I continue to use my Executive National Bank ATM or debit card?
Yes. You may continue to use your Executive National Bank ATM or debit card until December 7th. You will receive a new City National Bank card before December 4. You can activate your new City National Bank debit card immediately and begin using it on December 7th. Please refer to your welcome package for additional information.
Q. Can I continue to use the same banking center?
Yes. You can continue to conduct your banking transactions at the Executive National Bank location of your choice. After December 7th, you may visit any City National Bank Of Florida or Executive National Bank banking center. A full list of locations can be found at citynationalcm.com/home/findus
Q. What ATMs may I use?
At this time, you may use any City National Bank or Executive National Bank ATM to withdraw funds without incurring a third party ATM transaction charge. In addition, you may continue to use Publix® Presto!® ATMs without a surcharge.
Q. Can I go to a City National Bank Of Florida banking center to access my accounts?
After December 7th, you may visit any banking center to access your accounts. ENB clients may withdraw funds from City National Bank Of Florida ATMs without incurring additional transaction fees.
Q: Will ENB debit cards work over conversion weekend?
Your ENB debit card will work during conversion weekend work however your maximum daily limit will be lowered to $200.00
Q: When will I get my debit card?
City National Bank will start mailing debit cards on November 16. You will receive your debit card before December 4.
Q: When can I activate my card?
Active your debit card upon receipt. Once card activation is complete you will be prompted to select a PIN. Cards must be activated within 30 days. 1-800-992-3808
Q: When can I use my new debit card?
You may start using your card on December 7. Until December 7 please continue to use your ENB card.
Q: Will recurring charges to my debit card transfer over?
Your new debit card will have a different card number. To ensure no payments are missing, you will need to reestablish any recurring payments, and update any merchant records.
Q: Will ENB debit card alerts transfer to my new debit card?
Your ENB debit card alerts will not transfer to your City National Bank Of Florida new debit card. You can set-up debit card alerting via the City National Bank Of Florida Card Controls feature under the manage cards tab within online/mobile banking.
Q: How can set-up travel notifications for my new debit cards?
You can set-up debit travel notifications alerting via the manage cards tab within online/mobile banking.
Q: How do ENB clients access CityTel 24 hour telephone banking?
Clients may access citynational.com for the most current contact information, including CityTel 24-hour telephone banking. You may also dial 1-800-762-2489 directly. ENB clients will follow our current process to gain access to CityTel. Currently, access is granted by frontline or Client support line. Once clients are authenticated and a temporary pin is assigned. To access CityTel 24hr banking, ENB clients will need to contact their banker for a temporary PIN.
Q. How will the credit delivery process change?
Everything is business as usual. We anticipate no change and no impact to our clients.
Q: How will this transaction positively or negatively affect Executive National Bank’s appetite for credit? Will deal limits and relationship limits go up or down?
We can now offer our clients a higher legal lending limit which will help us serve the community even better.
Q: Will the rates that I’ve been provided be the same under new ownership?
CNB is constantly reviewing our offerings to ensure we remain competitive while maintaining a disciplined approach. Our competitive rates are subject to change on a daily basis. However, you can lock in a rate at the time of application. This means we will stand by the rate through a specified expiration date. If you would like to learn more about our loan products and rates, please call or visit your nearest banking center or call 1-800-435-8839.
Q: I have a loan request in process with a commitment. Will the sale impact the loan?
We do not have any plans to change our current processes, and this sale should not impact the process of your loan request. We are, however, constantly looking for ways to improve our processes to provide you a better experience. Depending on the type of loan, processing time will vary. We use local, experienced processors, underwriters and appraisal professionals to expedite the processing of your loan.
Q. Will my mortgage account change?
Your account number(s) will updated as of December 7. You will be notified via mail with your new account number. Please update your records.
Q. Will I need to change my existing automatic payments?
No. City National Bank Of Florida will continue to accept your automatic payments scheduled for your residential mortgage.
Q. Will the bank routing number change?
Yes. However, your existing transactions with the Executive National Bank routing number will continue without interruption. New electronic payments should be established using the City National Bank Of Florida's routing number.
Q. Will my business line of credit be impacted?
- City National Bank Of Florida calculates interest for lines of credit differently than Executive National Bank, and at conversion City National Bank Of Florida interest calculation will apply. The interest is calculated from billing period through billing period to avoid any adjustments needed if any payment or withdrawals are made from billing date through payment date.
- For example - At Executive National Bank - interest may be calculated from June 1st through June 30th, but the billing date may be June 20th. This means if any payments or withdrawals are made on June 21st, an adjustment needs to made to correct the interest payment. At City National Bank Of Florida, if the billing date is on the 15th of the month interest will be calculated from May 15th to June 15th with a payment due date of June 30th.
- At Executive National Bank your interest payment is calculated at the time of billing and estimates the monthly interest due based on the principal balance. This means that if you take any advances or make any payments prior to the payment due date, an interest adjustment is calculated for the next billing cycle.
- Starting December 7th, your next loan statement will calculate interest based on the ending daily balance up to the billing date. Interest will be calculated from billing date to billing date.
- This is an improvement to simplify accrual of interest and reduce the need for interest adjustments.
- Your first billing statement after these changes are implemented will reflect a shorter interest period; however, all future billing statements will capture a full interest cycle.
Online Banking (eBanking)
Q. Until when will I be able to conduct my online banking needs via eBanking?
eBanking will be available to users through December 3 at 5 pm. After that users will be redirected to City National Bank of Florida’s website, but will not be able to access City National Bank Of Florida's online banking until December 7.
Q. When will I be able to conduct my banking needs on City National Bank Of Florida’s Online Banking?
Log in to Online Banking as normal starting December 7.
You will be assigned a new temporary password which was sent via Secure Mail within eBanking. Please take note of the new temporary password, you will not have access to eBanking as of December 3 at 5 pm.
Historical Information: Online Statements and transactions
Q. Will I have access to my previous transactions?
Yes, after we transfer your accounts to City National Bank you will be able to see the previous six months of activity and check images. Please allow a few weeks for all information to be available within the platform.
Q. Will I still be able to receive my statements online?
Yes, after we transfer your accounts to City National Bank Of Florida you will need to consent to access your statements online.
To receive online statements, log into Online Banking and select the online statements tab to register. You will have access to a rolling 24 months of online statements. If you opted to view your statements online you will no longer incur the $3 paper statement fee. Please allow a few weeks for all information to be available within the platform.
Mobile App (Consumer)
Q. Until when will my mobile banking be available?
Mobile banking via ENB will be available through December 3 at 5 pm.
Q. Does City National Bank have a mobile app?
Yes, the City National Bank of Florida mobile app is offered at no charge. You can download it by visiting the App Store or on Google Play™ for Android™ users. Clients who use the Executive National Bank mobile app will need to download the City National Bank Of Florida mobile app and register after December 7. The app is free, but standard rates and fees may apply from your wireless carrier.
Q. Will I continue to have the same features via mobile app?
City National Bank Of Florida is proud to offer additional features on our mobile app like City National Bank Of Florida Card Controls, statements, quick balance, stop payments to name a few. To view all the features available to you, visit us at citynational.com
Online Banking Internal Transfer
Q. After conversion, what is the cut-off time for internal transfers?
Starting December 7, the cut-off time for internal transfers is 8 pm via online banking.
Q. Why does it show “pending” after I make an internal transfer?
Your transfers will show as pending until the end of the day. You will still have immediate access to your internal transfer funds and will be able to see your current balance on the accounts page.
Q. Are there limits on Online Banking internal transfers?
No. There are no limits for internal transfers.
Q. Will any recurring transfers transfer after migration to CNB on December 7?
Any preset internal transfers will be discontinued as of December 3. Users should set up their new recurring internal transfers starting December 7.
Your scheduled and recurring bill payment will remain active and will continue to process without interruption. Should there be any changes to our systems in the future, you will be notified.
Q. What’s going to happen to my e-Bill accounts?
There will be no impact to your e-Bill account. All of your information will transfer over to City National Bank Of Florida.
Q. Will there be a time that the e-Bill service will not be available?
Yes, we anticipate that the e-Bill service will be suspended for a brief period during December 3 through December 7.
Mobile Remote Deposit
Q. Will there be any changes to how I use the Mobile Remote Deposit?
There will be no changes to how Mobile Deposit works, however, you will need to download the City National Bank of Florida mobile app. You will find the app at the App Store and on Google Play™. Just download the app and accept Mobile Remote Deposit Terms & Conditions and you will be able to see the same services you had before.
You will also have additional benefits using the City National Bank Of Florida app:
- City National Bank Of Florida cards controls – turn on and off your card
- View online statements
- Access to Money Management – your personal financial management tool
- View quick balance
- And stop payments
Q. Are there any requirements needed to deposit a check via mobile remote deposit?
All checked deposited via mobile deposit must be endorsed and include the following verbiage “For Mobile Deposit City National Bank Of Florida”. Any check without this endorsement will be returned to the client.
Q. Will there be a time that PeoplePay service will not be available?
Yes, Executive National Bank’s PeoplePay service will be discontinued on November 23.
Q. Will my account numbers stay the same?
You will continue to use the same account number without interruption.
Q. Will I need new checks?
You can continue to use the same checks you are using today.
Q. What happens to my direct deposits?
Your direct deposit will remain active and will continue to process without interruption.
Q. What will happen to my monthly statements?
Your statements will continue to be mailed to the address on file which may result in a $3 paper statement fee. You may avoid this fee by signing up for Online Statements. Your final statement from Executive National Bank will include transactions through December 4. Transactions after that date will appear on your new CNB statement. After the conversion, you can choose to receive paper statements or online statements, but not both. Paper statements will be mailed at the end of each month. If you prefer online statements, you can choose that option through Online Banking.
Q. Can I open an account at an Executive National Bank banking center?
Yes. After December 7, accounts will be opened on the City National Bank Of Florida platform.
Q. Will I be receiving a new Deposit Agreement Booklet?
Every Executive National Bank consumer and business client will receive a Deposit Agreement Booklet via mail. To request a copy of the Deposit Agreement Booklet, please visit your local banking center or call us at 305-350-3200.
Your Deposit Agreement booklet includes:
Converted products that shows a list of current Executive National Bank accounts and the change of the product terms, including account details and fees.
Disclosure information regarding electronic funds transfers, funds availability, and hold mail details.
As an Executive National Bank client, you will automatically receive a copy of the Deposit Agreement booklet via mail as part of your welcome package. If you need an additional copy, you can obtain it from your local Executive National Bank banking center starting November 7. In addition, the Deposit Agreement booklet can be accessed at the Executive National Bank website by visiting https://www.executivebank.com/CNB_FAQs